1. Hi! My name is Anna. I currently live in Arizona, but I am originally from Chicago. And I can’t wait to move back there! =) I am currently an office manager and although I went to school for Business Administration, that is definitely not what I’m passionate about. I love numerous forms of art, but my favorite is jewelry making. I make anything from earrings, necklaces, bracelets, headbands, hair pins, etc. I LOVE making jewelry. The moments when I find a beautiful bead or button make me very happy. I also really really really love makeup and skincare products. Walking through Sephora or even the makeup and skincare aisles of Target makes me extremely happy. =) I could look and play with different products all day. I feel like my long eyelashes and full lips make me beautiful!
Sorry about the long paragraph =/
![]() |
| When I became politically involved in Colorado in 2008(moved to Colorado and the dry skin started) |
![]() |
| Back in my funky hair phase(still love having my makeup done like this) |
![]() |
| Just a random photobooth picture I really like. |
2. Putting on a beautiful piece of jewelry or my favorite lipstick (MAC Rebel) and mascara makes me feel beautiful. I have long eyelashes and I just don’t feel complete with mascara on them. Having that final touch on them makes me feel beautiful. I also love wearing lipstick and/or lip-gloss. My favorite lipstick has to be MAC’s Rebel and my favorite lip-glosses are MAC Tendertones which were a limited addition so I stocked up with about 10 backups. =) The smell of those lip-gloss just makes my day. They smell like happiness to me. Rebel is a very fun and funky color to me. It is kind of fuchsia purple color, and it stands out like nobody's business.
3. My beauty splurges are definitely on skincare, foundation, and a few makeup items. I am willing to spend money on these because they are important for my skin. I feel that foundation is splurge worthy because it is going to be on my skin everyday. I want to make sure that the foundation I'm using is effective and not going to hurt my skin. Although I'm okay and quite often use drugstore mascara, I feel much happier when I'm using a Clinique mascara or MAC lipstick. They feel luxurious and make me feel happy and excited about putting them on.
4. If I were featured in a popular magazine, I would tell the readers that it is important to take care of your face! You only have one face!! =) The "do's" would include wearing sunscreen everyday, having a pack of face wipes on your nightstand so that if you're tired you won't fall asleep with makeup on. I also think it's important to exfoliate especially when you live in a dry area, but a "don't" would definitely be don't over-exfoliate. Another don't would be "don't forget to moisturize no matter what type of skin you may have, dry as well as oily skin need moisturizer. Another don't(which is one I'm guilty of sometimes) is don't sporadically take care of your skin. Many folks(including myself on occasion) fall off the wagon with taking care of their skin and it's important to remember to take care of it every single day.
5. I would describe my skin as pretty good skin. Although I suffer from dryness, it is definitely not as bad as it could be. I will have a small pimple come out every so often and they are almost always from stress. I have always had red cheeks. It is not a giant concern of mine, but it is something that I do try to cover up with foundation. I know that if I was living in my old hometown of Chicago(humid climate), my skin would not be this dry. I feel like I have fairly healthy skin, but I want to make sure it stays that way which is why I use numerous products. I would definitely say I have a good relationship with my skin. There have been nights where I have not done a thorough skin care routine, but I definitely make sure to at least take off my makeup and put on moisturizer.
![]() |
| Oh my dry skin!!! |
![]() |
| Red cheeks |
![]() | |
|
6. My skin is definitely splurge-worthy. It is very important to me. I want to make sure that I take care of it since it is the only face I am going to have for the rest of my life. I have ups and downs with my skin. It can very good to me one day and not be very dry or red, and then there are other days where my cheeks can be more red and MUCH drier. My skin definitely plays a huge role in my overall feeling of beauty. If my skin is feeling very dry, my foundation will not go on very well and I will just become frustrated. Same goes with my red cheeks. I can't really use heavier foundation with my dry skin, so it's sort of difficult to cover up my red cheeks when they're bad. If I find a product that says it's going to help with my issues, I am almost always willing to splurge on it.
7. I wish that I could find a moisturizer that isn't ridiculously expensive and would keep my skin moisturized all day long without feeling greasy on my skin. I have found numerous moisturizers that feel great to the touch, but once you start rubbing it in, it just feels greasy and unpleasant on your skin. I am somewhat concerned that I will not find something for my red cheeks. I'll survive living with them for the rest of my life, but I would love to find something could get rid of them. I wish I could also find a moisturizer that could help with pimple/blemish reduction from stress. I tend to get one or two pimples every once in a while when I'm really stressed, and I wish I could find a moisturizer for the dry skin that could also help with that.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I'm sure there is something I could have missed.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I'm sure there is something I could have missed.






Awesome pics, Anna! Love it! Look forward to reading more of your blogs!
ReplyDelete