Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blog Post 2

1.  
This is all the makeup I don't use on a regular basis. =/
Up close
More up close 
Zoomed out
The container I keep it all in
These are all of my large makeup palettes

Left to right. Perfume, toothpaste, foundation, sunscreen moisturizer, makeup brushes, mascara, Clarisonic tool, random makeup


"Medicine" Cabinet


My face products 


My FAVORITE face wipes


Mascara

2. I like to buy stuff. I like to buy a lot of similar stuff. I buy something because I read a good review about it online. I went through a phase where I bought EVERYTHING I saw. I learned about MAC and Sephora and became obsessed. I have tried a ridiculous amount of moisturizers, foundations, mascaras, and pretty much any beauty and skin care related item possible. I have learned that it's not necessary to buy a cream that cost 100+ dollars or a mascara that costs 30 dollars. One can find a great moisturizer for 20 dollars. I've also found some great mascaras for around 5 dollars. You may not be able to see my approach to skin care in these pictures. I've bought many more moisturizers, cleansers, face masks, and anything you could think of that would make my skin look beautiful, smooth, soft, and dewy =), but I switch things out all the time and this is what I am currently using. I have also gotten rid of a lot of makeup. I have bought a ton of makeup, but I've given away a bunch because I just wasn't using it all. I feel like I have learned a lot about my skin. I have learned what my skin is sensitive to, the smells of creams I can't stand as well as the smells I love =).


3.   
Part 1
Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes are by far one of the top favorite face products. They are amazing. They are definitely multi purpose. I use them when I am done for the day and want to take my makeup off and before I use any type of cleanser or moisturizer. I also use it when I'm so ridiculously tired and don't feel like doing a whole routine at bedtime so I just keep a pack by my bed. I use them to fix my makeup when I smudge mascara on my face(quite often lol). I even used them in the desert in Israel when the sand got stuck to every single part of my body. 


I think the packaging is somewhat better than most face wipes. Other face wipes that I have tried do not have a lid on the package, but a flimsy sticker that usually doesn't stick after a week.


This product sticks out because it's so universal! It's gentle on your skin, but gets the dirt off.


Sometimes the top towelettes dry out if you don't flip the pack over to let the towelettes stay moist. Since these are sold at Costco and they come in a giant pack, it would nice if they could include a hard plastic box to keep the wipes in. It would be nice if it was something sturdy.


I was inspired to buy the face wipes after seeing a review on them in YouTube and a few blog reviews about them as well. 


Part 2
My other favorite product has to be Josie Maran's Protect Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil Infused SPF 40+. It is amazing. It smells amazing. It makes my skin feel amazing. If it wasn't for this sunscreen, moisturizer, and primer all in one, my skin would have been destroyed on my trip to Israel. I love the bottle it comes in. It is nice and simple. It has a pump top which I like. The application process is pretty simple as well. I just pump once and rub it into my skin with my fingers. It feel great on my skin, has a great smell, and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily like other products with sunscreen are.
This is a picture of me after my Israel trip
This product definitely stands out from the rest. It is all in one product. It is a primer, a sunscreen, and a light moisturizer. After moving to Arizona recently, I realized how important this product is for me and I decided to repurchase it. The smell is amazing. Although it is somewhat expensive, 32 dollars for 2 ounces, it is definitely worth it. 


There are a couple things that could make it better. It could definitely be a thicker and richer moisturizer, but I do like it the way it is. I also wish it was cheaper =) but great products don't always come cheap.


I was inspired to buy this product because I was looking for a good sunscreen before I went to Israel last year. I went to Sephora, saw this Josie Maran product and decided to buy it because I knew I could take it as a carry on and googled some reviews on my phone while I was in the store and saw it had good ratings.


4. I use an exfoliator and cleanser in one, face wipes and moisturizer. 
First I use the face wipes to take off my makeup at night and all that yucky stuff(in my eyes, etc) on my face in the morning. This product came into my possession because I saw a review a makeup guru did on Youtube. I went to Costco and purchased the face wipes myself. I am usually not influenced by Youtuber's but this just seemed like a great product and very affordable. I wish the packaging was designed a little bit differently and I elaborated about that earlier in the blog post.


I then use a cleanser. The cleanser I currently use is a Bliss 2 in 1 exfoliator and cleanser. I found it at Sephora on one of my random trips that I like to take to the mall. I purchased it and I actually purchased my mom a bottle last time I was in town in Chicago. I learned about this product after I asked an employee if she knew if any delicate exfoliating cleansers, her first pick was this bottle. I don't always trust what an employee recommends, but I looked up a couple reviews while I was in the store and found some great reviews. I really like how delicate the exfoliator is. It is an exfoliator that can be used daily. I love the smell of the cleanser. It's not too strong. It has a light floral scent, hibiscus perhaps? I have a tendency to think everything is overpriced and I definitely think 22 dollars for face wash is a little pricey, but I like it so much that I try to overlook that. I think doing something like Philosophy and selling this cleanser in a larger size for a discounted price would be great. I think that would make it much better! =) Other than that, I actually really like using this cleanser/exfoliator especially with my Clarisonic. 


Finally I use a moisturizer. Once again, I purchased this myself at Ulta. I heard a lot of good things about Mario Badescu and decided to give them a try. I like it because it is definitely a thicker moisturizer and smells great. It isn't very expensive. I want to say it is about 15-20 dollars a decent size jar. I think it is a great moisturizer, but I really wish it wasn't so greasy. I need a moisturizer that will help me with my dry skin, but I don't want it to feel like olive oil on my skin either.


5. My ideal skincare product would definitely be a moisturizer. I would be able to use it day and night so that I would not have to buy 2 different types of moisturizers. The texture would not be too thick or thin. I would not want it to be very milky, but not goopy either if that makes sense. It would be applied with your fingers. I like pumps because then I don't have to dip my finger into a jar of a moisturizer. I don't know if it is very sanitary to do that every single day and night.


It would make my feel soft. It would moisturize, but not be too oily because I am not a fan of feeling like a greasy mess. It would make my skin feel dewy and maybe even be able to double as a makeup primer. It would feel luxurious on my skin and hopefully help with the dryness.


The packaging would be in a pump bottle. I know a lot of people think that they may pump too much at least, but that's why it wouldn't pump out a ridiculous amount like a body lotion would. A perfect example of a good pump is the Josie Maran sunscreen product I mentioned earlier in this blog post. It would have a name that would make you feel like you are using a luxurious product. It would make me feel like a lady =) The name would indicate that it is affordable, but it would make you feel special. I like how fancy the brand La Mer and Yves Saint Laurent sound. I know those are expensive skincare and makeup brands, but I would like name of the product to indicate that type of luxury.


I think having eye cream, cleanser/exfoliator, and possibly toner would a great idea. I think that would cover all the basic products that most people use on a regular basis. These products would definitely be things that people would want to use everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment