Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blog Post 4 =) Shopping! My favorite thing to do!! LOL

1.   I went to Target. I was already going to be going to Target with my boyfriend and I figured it would be a perfect time to go =) I also wanted to go there because I would like to be able to find skincare products where I buy other things for myself and my house. I would love to not have to make a special trip to a specific mall farther away from my house because I need to purchase or repurchase a product. I typically buy my skincare and makeup products at Sephora, Ulta, CVS  and Target. I usually go to Sephora for both my skincare and beauty products because I feel like they have the best variety of things to choose from. They have an abundant amount of makeup as well as skincare products to pick from and they have consultants that are willing to answer all of your questions, which I REALLY REALLY like. =) That's the biggest reason as to why I go to Sephora. They are helpful in answering all the questions I have and have a variety of brands with different price levels to pick from. Although I did purchase the Mario Badescu products at Ulta, which I'm not as big of a fan of. I would love to be a fan of that store because they combine drugstore and higher end brands, but their consultants are terrible and are NO help whatsoever. 


2.  The following statements are just thoughts I had about the products that called out at me. I also wrote detailed captions under the pictures I took.


I like box sets because I don’t have to guess what other products I should be buying for my skin. The box sets I saw weren’t too crazy, but had a few products that looked fairly simple and quick to use.


I liked the products with the pictures of the part of the face or a face in general that the product is supposed to be used for. There have been times where I have not been able to identify what a product should be used for because it had a vague description or just a poor name.


I liked the packaging that was “earthy”, organic looking, but also hip and fun. There were a few products by Aveeno that called to me. They looked like nice products. The packaging didn’t seem too cheap. The packaging looked earthy because it had flowers on it, which I really liked about the product. I think it’s very important that packaging doesn’t look too cheap, but doesn’t look like it costs 100 dollars either because I might just overlook it if it looks like that.


The mascara always calls my name. I love mascara! I would buy mascara every time I am in a Target, Sephora, etc, but then I would be broke and have no money for rent. =)


The bright packaging also called me even though I’m not a huge fan of bright packaging. I think that bright sometimes screams young and almost cheapens the look of the product. It makes me feel like a teenager should be using it.


The products with a tester at Target definitely called me. I like being able to touch and play with a product before I purchase it.

I like that the part of the face that the product is for stands out on the packaging. It's easy to differentiate.


More packaging with the faces =)


Face wipes!! =) They jumped out because I LOVE how easy they are to use, but none of them seemed to compare to my beloved Kirkland wipes.


This product jumped out at me because of the promotion. Sephora rarely does promotions like this so I was excited to see a gift card promotion for skincare at a Target store. 


These jumped out because of the colors, but the bottles looked a little cheap to me.


The Aveeno box sets jumped out at me because they were affordable, included everything you need, and had a sleek packaging.





Pretty colors that jumped out at me.


I like the parts of the faces for the type of product it is! =)


Same thing here.
Random ingredients that I can barely pronounce. =/


So many ingredients for such simple products.
Random stuff I can't say! lol


More random ingredients that I cannot pronounce.


I like the shape of these jars! They caught my attention!


Pretty bright lip glosses with sleek and fancy looking packaging that jumped out at me.


I like that the packaging is basic and you can see exactly what you're getting.
Pretty and funky mascara packaging!! =) Fun!
TOO MANY INGREDIENTS FOR FACE WASH!!!


Again, more things I can't pronounce. =(


And again! ugh! =/ But at least the names don't seem as scary on this one.


I like sleek packaging. The white jumps out at me. I like the neutral colors.
The wand on the packaging jumped out at me.  It looks interesting the way its curved like that. It also looks like a thick brush which I really like. 
I own this mascara, but the packaging jumped out at me =) I really liked that the wand was on the outside and you were able to see what the brush looks like. 


I LOVE palettes! =) 
This looks like a fun kit with neutral colors(which I really like) and you get a cute clutch with it =)


Oh brushes! You look so fancy with your black handles!
Bright colors! Fun fun!
I really liked the packaging of these Aveeno products and I talked about them in the beginning of the question.


I also liked the sleek and basic box packaging of the Nuetrogena on the top row. I like that the type of moisturizer it is, is separated by color. It would be easy to remember when going to repurchase.
I also liked how the packaging was the Olay products. They looked sort of fancy, but they were a little on the pricey side for a drugstore which is sort of annoying to me. If I'm going to be paying that much money, I want a skincare consultant there so that I could ask questions.


I also liked that there skincare stood out color wise, but it wasn't bright blue or pink either. They were nice pastel shades that I really liked.


I like the dark, sleek packaging of the Boots makeup brand.


3. I actually liked some of the stuff I saw. There were several things that had nice packaging, good ingredients, and fair pricing. I felt like I could actually start buying more skincare products at the drugstore again. I always feel like drugstores are only good for Clean and Clear and Clearasil products, and I need to remember that they're(drugstores) good for more than just teenage acne! lol I am excited to go back to Target and buy some new skincare products once I run out of my moisturizer, cleanser, exfoliator, etc. 

I am surprisingly intrigued by some of the products. They aren’t as cheap as I thought they were going to be. Some are almost as expensive, if not more expensive as the skincare products that I have purchased at Sephora. I was looking for products that will help with me with dryness and there were definitely a few that stood out to me. 

I definitely tend to ask questions of the skincare consultants at Sephora. I have learned not to ask questions at Ulta, because all of the Ulta stores that I have been into, I have had terrible experiences with the consultants. They barely know what products they sell, let alone anything about them. I really like talking to the consultants at Sephora because they seem to have tried a lot of the products themselves and can give some great recommendations. I have learned about some great products from Sephora employees. I think it's important to get another persons opinion, and I feel like I have gotten very truthful opinions at Sephora from their employees. 

4.   I actually talked about the picture below in the first question. I really like the colors on the package. They stand out to me. They don't look like they are made for a teenager, but they definitely don't look like they are made for older mature skin either.  I like they use the word smart as part of the title of the product. They also didn't have a ridiculous amount of ingredients on the back of the packaging. I also like the shape of the packaging. You can tell that they are going after the women that want to take of their skin and make sure it stays young and wrinkle free. These products seem like good skincare to me because they are affordable, but not too cheap, they stand out to me and I am interested in trying them to see how they work.
I really liked the packaging of these Aveeno products and I talked about them in the beginning of the 1st question.

I really like that the top row of Neutrogena is all about MOISTURE! That is very important to me and I like that they have 3 different types of creams and are specifically moisturizing, but also specifically made for oily skin(which needs to be moisturized as well), normal, and sensitive skin. The packaging also stood out to me because they took the time to put the product in a box which makes it look more upscale to me. I think the packaging is somewhat plain, but I kind of like that. You know what your getting, and it looks like it will get the job done. I like the word moisture! =) It shows me that it will help with my dryness!! I also spy the Allure sticker which means that many folks like this product. They seem like good skincare for me because they're simple, help with dry skin, not too expensive, and don't look like they're made for a youngin! aka teenager =)  I also spy that the ones on the left have SPF! Woot woot!




5.    
These are a definite NO GO for beauty =) They are obviously made for grade schoolers!!
Cheap bright packaging that just doesn't do anything for me. =/


These just look cheap to me. They scream "I'm in high school!" I know that high schoolers are not the only people that suffer from acne and blemishes and I wish they would change their packaging



I think these look cheap and seem like they are for teenagers with the bright packaging. 

I also mentioned what I didn't like in some of the pictures in the first question.


6.    If you were to buy one skincare product today, what would it be?  Snap a pic of this product and describe what influenced that decision.  Why does this seem like a product for you?
I would have to say the Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer with SPF 30. It is the 3rd yellow product from the right. I was really influenced by the things that the box had written on it. It talked about having a hectic lifestyle(which I feel like I do) and how it can rob your skin of nutrients. I also really liked that it had SPF 30 in it. That is very important living in Arizona!!! I also liked that it was 14.99. That is not bad price for a moisturizer and sunscreen in one. The Josie Maran sunscreen that I use is definitely more of a sunscreen than moisturizer so I definitely think that this product may be my Josie Maran product that I am currently using, and this one costs half as much as my current one.  I actually really want to try out the entire line. =)  Based on what the packaging states and what the product is made for, this seems like the right product for me to use for daytime use in Arizona.







Please let me know if you have any questions at all. I am more than happy to answer them!!! =) 


I apologize about how picture heavy this blog post was.

No comments:

Post a Comment